Brain development only happens if the brain is kept active. Just like muscles in your body, if you don’t use your brain, it doesn’t become stronger.
How can we increase our brain fitness?
By using brain training!
Use it or lose it !
If you train your brain for five weeks, for about 2 1/2 hours per week, it improves your memory, reasoning and information-processing speed.
• People can lower their dementia risk by 7% simply by adding one activity per week (1)
• People who did brain training activities four days a week had a 47% lower risk of dementia than people who did one activity per week
One way of keeping your brain active is by playing and learning the many ways of chess. I have developed a chess training program that will allow anyone to start at any level. In short:
• 2 weeks, basics of chess.
• 6 weeks, opening – middle game
• 8 weeks, tips and tricks of the game